Location: US-OH-Columbus - 43299
Email this job to a friend
We are seeking a Solutions Architect to join OAKS Department of Administrative Services ! You will design and develop solutions to complex application problems or network concerns.
Managers Notes- This is a very high level executive role. The qualified candidate will have both technical and functional skills, superior communication skills (communication is critical), experience managing a team and preferably experience as a Manager in a large integration firm. Technically this candidate will need to have large ERP systems experience, Peoplesoft, Exalogic or Exadata, Oracle SOA and experience with cloud based systems.
This resource MUST be on sight 5 days a week. Please only submit candidates that are local or are willing to relocate to Columbus. The Manager has requested that resources that would prefer to fly in and out for work not be submitted.
Contract Length: This is a very long term need with no expected end date
- Act as an Infrastructure Operation (I/O) Liaison and ensure that SLAs and other performance metrics are met by our service partners
- Help monitor and troubleshoot the technical performance of the ERP systems
- Drive collaboration with our Managed Services Providers (MSP), key internal IT and Security organizations, and other critical vendor partners for key technology projects
- Lead identification, triage, troubleshooting and reporting of production issues and problems in the ERP infrastructure
- Help develop solution architectures, technical work plans and estimates for planned projects (e.g. upgrades, expansion, new capability releases, etc..
- Consult on technical aspects of break/fix approaches, planned enhancements, MSP contract change requests, and architecture strategies and approaches necessary for driving ongoing performance management and security compliance.
- Bring research and recommendations to the ERP team to continually improve the current system environment
- Oracle Engineered Systems technical platform (i.e. Exalogic and Exadata)
- Infrastructure operations management in a geographically dispersed, high availability, virtualized system environment
- Large/complex organization deployments
- Infrastructure management/outsourcing experience preferably onshore in a leadership role
- ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft/Oracle
- Cloud-based providers
- Deployment and Support with Oracle SOA suite.
- Demonstrable understanding of architectural principles and best practices for infrastructure operations.
- Experience with interface batch architectures and third-party "bolt on" applications that commonly integrate with PeopleSoft applications systems (e.g. EDI, FTP, UC4, Tumbleweed, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface and resolve issues across all levels of an organization.
- Proficient in ITIL, SDLC, and Quality Assurance processes.
- Developing comprehensive technical strategy deliverables for both application and infrastructure environments.
- Defining and tracking key performance metrics.
- Developing technical documentation for applications and systems
- 4 year college degree or equivalent technical study and or Certified Oracle PeopleSoft Technical Consultant
References Required: At least two contacts from client company supervisors familiar with on the job work experience.