Post a job to USACOPS Criminal Justice/Education Programs
Location: US-TX-Fort Worth
Minimum Education: High School
Job Type: Full TimeEmail this job to a friend
CITY OF FORT WORTH
City of Fort Worth
POLICE TRAINEE – ANN.# 24929
$3,337 monthly (while in Police Academy Training)
$4,526 monthly ($54,312 annually upon graduation)
TEST DATES AND LOCATIONS:
March 7, 2017
Prairie View A & M University
FM 1098 Rd & University Dr.
Prairie View, Texas 77446 &
March 9, 2017
University of Texas at El Paso
500 W. University Ave
El Paso, Texas 79968
Test times will be offered, beginning at 9:00a.m.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED: February 5, 2017- February 20, 2017
APPLY ONLINE: https://careers.fortworthtexas.gov
This eligibility list will be effective for one year.
SPECIAL NOTE: To be selected for a Police Academy Training Class, applicants must successfully pass a written test, a physical assessment test, a polygraph examination, an interview board, a medical examination, a psychological examination and an extensive background check.
**You must indicate on your application at which location you plan to test**
EDUCATION: High school diploma; (or GED Certificate, plus 12 semester hours, with a “C” average, of college).
RESIDENCY:If employed as a Fort Worth Police Officer you must live within thirty (30) minutes of a designated report-in station; must be accomplished within six (6) months of employment.
CITIZENSHIP: Must be a U. S. Citizen at the time of application. (Must be able to speak, read and write the English Language).
AGE: 21 – 44 years of age; (Must be 21-44 years of age by Tuesday, March 7, 2017.)
LICENSE: Must present a valid and current driver’s license and possess an acceptable driving record.
VETERAN: Must have received an Honorable Discharge to qualify for veteran points on a passing score.
In order to receive veteran points, you must upload your DD214 showing character of service (Member 4 or equivalent) at the time of application OR email your DD214 to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9:00 a.m., Monday, March 6, 2017. Please include your name and best contact number in the email. DD214s will not be accepted on the day of the examination.
http://fortworthtexas.gov/benefits/employee/ AND http://www.fortworthpd.com/Recruiting/salary-benefits.aspx
• Visit website: https://careers.fortworthtexas.gov/ and click on the “Police Trainee” position.
• Add education by clicking on “Degree Information” complete all fields utilizing the magnifying glass and click on “Save”. (This will confirm your education information in the system.)
• Upload your resume and DD214
• Next answer all questions on the Application Questionnaire. Open Ended section questions require a response or “N/A”.
• Select “Continue” once all questions have been answered and all information has been entered.
• Complete the Self Identification Details section and click on “Submit”
• Applicants who meet minimum standards/qualifications will be listed on the City of Fort Worth Website on February 27, 2017 for their assigned test date and time.
Must provide a valid email address to receive test notification
Fort Worth Police
505 W. Felix
Fort Worth, TX 76115
City of Fort Worth
Human Resources Department
1000 Throckmorton Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Company Web Site
1304 W Roseburg Ave
modesto, CA 95350