Post a job to USACOPS Criminal Justice/Education Programs
Compensation: $65K - $75K / Year
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Job Type: Full TimeEmail this job to a friend
The City of Johnstown is conducting a search for the position Chief of Police, located in Cambria County, Pennsylvania with approximately 21,000 residents and 40 sworn personnel. The Chief of Police is responsible for supervising all police personnel, plans, schedules, and directs their activity while providing for the protection of lives and property, prevention of crime and enforcement of laws and ordinances within the city and contracted boundaries. Johnstown if an ACT47 Community. Salary range is up to $75,000.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Minimum of 15 years law enforcement experience reaching a command level.
• Create a clear vision of and goals for success for the department.
• Develop an annual budget which aligns with the expected revenue of the city.
• Develop effective organizational leadership practices that enhance the professional development for the police force.
• Develop and implement a recruitment and retention plan to keep the staffing numbers at the authorized level; while increasing diversity and foreign language ability.
• Utilize the strong support of residents while continuing to meet the high expectations of the police department.
Please submit resumes and cover letter by email with salary requirements to City Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org titled as “Police Chief Resume” by April 15, 2017
City of Johnstown
401 Main Street
Johnstown, PA 15901