Post a job to USACOPS Criminal Justice/Education Programs
Location: US-TX-Fort Worth
Compensation: $3K - $4K / Month
Minimum Education: High School
Job Type: Full Time
Jobcode: 76115Email this job to a friend
CITY OF FORT WORTH
POLICE TRAINEE – ANN.#25082
$3,337 monthly (while in Police Academy Training)
$4,526 monthly ($54,309 annually upon graduation)
TEST DATE AND LOCATION:
May 17-18, 2017, Multiple test times will be offered, beginning at 9:00 a.m.
Bob Bolen Public Safety Building
505 W. Felix St., Fort Worth, TX 76115
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED: April 2, 2017 – April 23, 2017
APPLY ON-LINE ONLY @ https://careers.fortworthtexas.gov/
This eligibility list will be effective for one year.
SPECIAL NOTE: Applicants must successfully pass a written test, a physical assessment test, a polygraph examination, an interview board, a medical examination, a psychological examination and an extensive background check.
EDUCATION: High school diploma; (or GED Certificate, plus 12 semester hours, at an institution of higher education with at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average).
RESIDENCY: If employed as a Fort Worth Police Officer you must live within thirty (30) minutes of a designated report-in station; must be accomplished within six (6) months of employment.
CITIZENSHIP: Must be a U. S. Citizen at the time of application. (Must be able to speak, read and write the English Language).
AGE: 21 – 44 years of age; (Must be 21-44 years of age by the date of your assigned Entry-
Level Test / Civil Service Examination: Wednesday, May 17th.)
LICENSE: Must present a valid and current driver’s license and possess an acceptable driving record.
VETERAN: Must have received an Honorable Discharge to qualify for veteran points on a passing score.
In order to receive veteran points, you must upload your DD214 showing character of service (Member 4 or equivalent) at the time of application OR email your DD214 to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9:00 a.m., Tuesday, May 16, 2017. Please include your name and best contact number in the email. DD214s will not be accepted on the day of the examination.
BENEFITS: http://fortworthtexas.gov/benefits/employee/ AND http://www.fortworthpd.com/Recruiting/salary-benefits.aspx
• Visit website: https://careers.fortworthtexas.gov/ and click on the “Police Trainee” position.
• Add education by clicking on “Degree Information” complete all fields utilizing the magnifying glass and click on “Save”. (This will confirm your education information in the system.)
• Upload your resume and DD214
• Next answer all questions on the Application Questionnaire. Open Ended section questions require a response or “N/A”.
• Select “Continue” once all questions have been answered and all information has been entered.
• Complete the Self Identification Details section and click on “Submit”
• Applicants who meet minimum standards / qualifications will be listed on the City of Fort Worth Website on Monday, May 1, 2017 for their assigned test date and time.
City of Fort Worth
1304 West Roseburg Ave.