Post a job to USACOPS Criminal Justice/Education Programs
Minimum Education: High School
Job Type: Full Time
Jobcode: 81003Email this job to a friend
The City of Pueblo is accepting applications for a Municipal Court Marshall until July 15, 2017. The Court Marshall position is a temporary part-time non-exempt position limited to 1300 hours annually. The Marshall is a law enforcement officer who is situated in the courtroom to maintain order and provide security and shall act under the direction and supervision of the Municipal Court Judge.
Essential Functions: Maintains order, decorum and security in the courtroom; Restrains and escorts persons out of court upon the judge’s directive and detains persons held in contempt of court; Calls for law enforcement assistance as needed; Detains, supervises and maintains control over defendants waiting for transport to the county jail; Transports prisoners
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Understand and follow oral and written instructions; Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in emergency and non-emergency situations; Ability to exercise appropriate discretion during interactions with citizens appearing in court, exercise compassion and empathy while applying appropriate safety precautions in potentially stressful situations; Determine the advisability of calling for assistance from Pueblo Police Department; Successfully complete all trainings required; Work a flexible 25 hours workweek with the possibility of occasional nights and/or weekends; Respond to work schedule changes with very short notice
In addition to the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above, this position requires the following:
• A high school diploma, GED or higher education (Associate’s Degree or higher preferred);
• Basic first aid, CPR, and AED certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment;
• Certification of proficiency for use of a firearm;
• Be post certified in Colorado; and
• Demonstrate and maintain ability to do moderate physical activity to include but not be limited to lifting 50 pounds or more, wearing of duty equipment, standing for long periods of time, patrolling Municipal Court premises on foot, and participating in firearms and other law enforcement officer trainings.
This job description is an overview and is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It’s not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions and tasks required of the position.
To review the complete job description and submit an online application, please go to www.pueblo.us/jobs.
City of Pueblo Civil Service
301 West B Street
Pueblo, CO 81003