Post a job to USACOPS
Deputy Sheriff (Detentions)
Location: US-CO-Black Hawk
Compensation: $28.27 - $29.68 / Hour
Minimum Education: Tech School
Job Type: Full TimeEmail this job to a friend
The objective of the Gilpin County Sheriff’s Office is to support our citizens through exceptional service. Deputy’s provide 24 hour professional service to the citizens that live, work and visit Gilpin County. We are committed to the community and provide the quality of life our citizens are entitled.
New hires are assigned to work in the detention facility and have the opportunity to transfer to patrol or other specialized fields when openings become available. Gilpin County Sheriff's Office is a growing agency with 41 sworn law enforcement personnel and 19 civilian staff members. If you're looking for an agency with a family like atmosphere that offers its employees exceptional benefits and outstanding pay, $58,800--$88,200.00, then Gilpin County might be the place for you.
Vacation Accrual (Annual)
• Years 0-1: 78 hours
• Years 2-5: 104 hours
• Years 6-9: 156 hours
• Years 10 +: 208 hours
Sick Accrual (Annual)
• 104 hours
• Gilpin County Typically observes 12 paid holidays annually.
Medical Insurance: Medical insurance is provided through Anthem BlueCross BlueShield, with two options for the employee to choose from, depending on their needs.
• Anthem Blue Preferred Option I (PPO) Annual Cost to Employee
o Employee with no dependents FREE
o Employee + Spouse $240.00
o Employee + Child(ren) $180.00
o Family $360.00
• Anthem Blue Preferred Option F (PPO) Annual Cost to Employee
o Employee $889.20
o Employee + Spouse $2023.44
o Employee + Child(ren) $1874.16
o Family $2946.24
Dental: Delta Dental of Colorado
• Free to full-time employees
• Individual deductible $50.00
• Family deductible $150.00
• Preventative services paid 100% by employer
Retirement: Gilpin County offers two retirement savings plans for full-time and part-time partially benefited employees.
• 401(a) Deferred Contribution Plan
o Mandatory Participation: Employee contribution is 5% and matched by the county.
• 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
o Optional Participation: Employees can make deferred contributions up to the IRS limit. Pre-tax and Roth options are available.
Process: The written exam will be given on, April 24th, 2019 at 1300 hours sharp. Testing will consist of a written exam, background investigation, oral board interviews, integrity interview, psychological exam, pre-employment physical and drug screen. You must pass each individual phase to continue to the next step of the hiring process.
• Must be a Colorado Certified Peace Officer, or have all requirements necessary for, and nothing that would prevent such certification within 30 days of employment from an approved Colorado POST Academy.
• Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certification within 90 days of employment.
• Meets standards set forth in the Colorado Revised Statutes.
• Must have a valid Colorado Driver’s License and satisfactory motor vehicle record.
• Must not have any felony convictions or misdemeanors designated by POST or any significant prior criminal activity.
Please visit http://gilpincounty.org/employment for additional information and application.
Company Web Site
2960 Dory Hill Road
Black Hawk, CO 80422