Firefighter/EMT or Paramedic|
Location: US-KS-Prairie Village
Minimum Education: High School
Job Type: Full Time
Email this job to a friend
Do you want to work for a great organization? One that respects the traditions of the fire service, while embracing a progressive culture by providing outstanding EMS services? A place that takes pride in its members helping each other to be the best they can be? A place that is seen by its peers to have a safe, smart, and aggressive firefighting culture? If this is the kind of organization you would like to be a part of, read on.
Johnson County Consolidated Fire District No.2 (CFD2) is currently accepting applications for the position of Firefighter I. Both Paramedics and EMTS are encouraged to apply. The application process is for the purpose of filling an upcoming vacancy and creating an eligibility list.
Mandatory qualifications for the position of Firefighter I are as follows:
• At least 18 years of age
• Current driver’s license
• Firefighter’s Entrance Exam score of 75% or higher
• CPAT Certification that is current at time of application
• Firefighter I, HazMat Awareness, Firefighter II, HazMat Operations certifications from the Kansas Fire and Rescue Training Institute, National Pro Board, or International Accreditation Congress.
• Paramedic or EMT Certification (Kansas or Nationally Registered). Must be current at time of application and first day of employment.
Completed applications, along with the following proof of qualifications, must be received at our Administration Office no later than 4 pm on Friday, May 31, 2019.
• Copy of current driver’s license
• Copy of Firefighter’s Entrance Exam certificate/score
• Copy of CPAT certification
• Copy of Firefighter I, HazMat Awareness, Firefighter II and HazMat Operations certifications
• Copy of current EMT or Paramedic card (or verification of testing results).
• Letter of recommendation (optional)
Applications can be picked up between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday at the CFD2 Administration Office or downloaded at www.cfd2.org/careers/apply-now.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO: CFD2, 3921 W. 63rd St., Prairie Village, KS 66208
CPAT TESTING: For information on upcoming CPAT testing dates use links below.
Johnson County Community College Metropolitan Community College
QUESTIONS? Contact Linda Marshall or Kelly Kuhl at 913-432-1105.
Consolidated Fire District No. 2
3921 West 63rd St.
Prairie Village, KS 66208