Senior Site Reliability Engineer- Work 100% Remote|
Compensation: $105K - $120K / Year
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Job Type: Full Time
Email this job to a friend
Are you passionate, creative, full of energy and love running scalable cloud-based applications where infrastructure and applications act as a single code base?
Do you thrive in places with the freedom to explore new technologies? Have you worked on a Site Reliability team, driven the SRE mindset, and are looking for the challenge of building out a new team for a rapidly growing company? If so, we have just the right position for you:
Join Scout’s Engineering team as a Senior Site Reliability Engineer and work in a challenging and multicultural environment. This new role will be responsible for creating Scout's Site Reliability team.
The Scout Reliability team will be responsible for keeping our SaaS-based marketplace online and stable, improving site performance, handling data issues, automating processes, and helping to drive our continuous delivery system. From its foundation, Scout has run as an Agile development shop, with infrastructure as code and speed through automation as our focus, so we’re ready to enable you to create an amazing Reliability team. Are you ready for the challenge of building something great?
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
* Providing operational support for our SaaS-based marketplace by triaging, escalating, and resolving site issues from both our customer help desk and internal monitoring systems.
* Looking for issue patterns and driving long term fixes for them in terms of code, automation, and workflow changes.
* Driving the continued growth in our CI/CD system and automation.
* Overhauling our monitoring infrastructure and driving new incident response workflows
* B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 5 years experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or equivalent position.
* Significant experience as a Site Reliability Engineer supporting full-stack cloud-based services including successful collaboration with team members from across the engineering spectrum including development, QA, infrastructure, devops, and product.
* Software Development experience, particularly in Python, React, and Go.
* Use of monitoring solutions including logs, metrics, synthetic transactions, and site performance as well as conducting infrastructure capacity and load tests.
* Experience using, building, and supporting continuous integration systems.
* Exposure to containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS/EKS)
* Working knowledge of AWS services including Cloudformation, EC2 Autoscaling, and Lambda functions.
* Ability to work with a range of datastores including traditional RDMS and NoSQL platforms including Mongo, Postgres, Elasticsearch, and Redis.
Additional Job Information To Note:
Is there additional variable compensation?
10% annual bonus
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
WorkStaff USA Staffing Agency, LLC
P.O Box 177
Farmingville, NY 11738