Sr. Strategic Sourcing Agent|
Compensation: $85K - $100K / Year
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Job Type: Full Time
Email this job to a friend
In this role for the Sr. Strategic Sourcing Agent you will adhere to the following job duties:
- Develop and execute Aerco Sourcing strategies that balance current needs with long-term direction. This includes dual sourcing and supplier rationalization.
- Be responsible for proactively determining and managing risks to supply and taking preventative actions to mitigate.
- Initiate global sourcing efforts to ensure minimized total cost of ownership.
- Identify vendors able to provide products that meet AERCO production and commercial requirements.
- Ensure vendor qualifications in accordance with Company standards.
- Support Aerco’s Inventory reduction initiatives by driving supplier Kanban and consignment
- Support manufacturing fulfillment with escalated supplier delivery issues
- Approve standard Purchase Orders ensuring entitled pricing and preferred suppliers
- Responsible for supporting internal customers with new product development and Value add/Value Engineering projects
- Ensure the success of material and acquisition cost savings initiatives, positive supplier relations and Kanban agreements while developing second source vendors.
- Work with Quality Control on first piece inspections and on-site vendor audit/preview of vendor operations.
- Prepare contracts for purchases and blanket orders in conformance with Company policies.
- Review Purchase Order Claims, troubleshoots problems and provides resolution.
- Remain current on market prices for precious metals, and other relevant commodities.
- Support Lean initiatives which include implementing/maintaining paperless/visual supply process linking suppliers to Point-of-Use manufacturing.
- Maintain knowledge of plant’s processes, techniques, tools, and equipment.
In collaboration with Quality, periodically reviews supplier performance and interfaces directly with poor performing suppliers in development of improvement plans.
Controls and maintains an approved supplier list
- Bachelor's degree in Procurement/Purchasing, Supply Chain, Finance, Business Administration, Engineering
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Project and Program Management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Must excel in a team environment
- Must embrace change Working knowledge of MS Office, and db systems.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in procurement or materials management in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and Kanban systems a plus but not essential.
- Past experience with developing and sustaining global sourcing programs.
- Results driven with excellent project and time management
While performing duties of the job, employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Office and shop floor working environment.
Noise level is minimal with intervals of spikes.
Required to wear safety glasses and utilize other safety equipment as required while present on the shop floor.
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
WorkStaff USA Staffing Agency, LLC
P.O Box 177
Farmingville, NY 11738