Physical Therapist 25K Bonus/FT|
Compensation: $82K - $127K / Year
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Job Type: Full Time
Email this job to a friend
In this role as a PT you will provide Physical Therapy services to patients/clients including assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation, related documentation and communication.
The Physical Therapist III has mastered technical and organizational PT skills and has developed a comprehensive knowledge base. The PT-III is self-directed, flexible, and innovative in providing patient care.
Operates from a deep understanding of total situations to resolve complex issues and works collaboratively with other healthcare
providers to support the patient and family in achieving goals.
The PT-III actively, and positively, influences the team and fosters critical and creative thinking in others, and may form mentoring relationships. Expert therapists serve as change agents by utilizing evidence-based practice and therapies-related research. Serve as a “champion” or lead for a specific project or service area.
- Perform a skilled evaluation through impairment testing with interpretation of the findings that relate to functional deficits. Problem identification is the therapist’s clinical judgment about the client’s response to actual or potential health conditions or needs.
- Develop treatment plans relevant to clinical findings that provide individualized treatment for patient level of care and length of stay and that relate to established goals.
- Provide input to department Supervisor/Manager/Director in reviewing / assessing ongoing treatment plans and progress.
Document evaluations, treatment plans, and goals that relate to clinical findings.
- Reassess patient’s functional need, and adjust care plan as indicated, including documentation of status change.
- Demonstrate knowledge and provide assessment and physical treatments such as relates to: Sensory, Strength /Tone, Range of Motion, Balance / Coordination, Functional Mobility, Bed Mobility, Gait & Transfers, Motor Control / Learning, Joint / Soft tissue mobilizations, and Body systems (i.e. musculoskeletal, nervous, integumentary, and cardiovascular).
- Provide physical therapy modalities such as: Iontophoresis, Ultrasound, Electric Stimulation / Interferential, TENS, Hot/Cold Packs, Ice Massage, Traction, Laser, Pulsed Lavage, Negative Pressure Therapy, infrared, and Compression.
- Demonstrate and instruct patient/caregiver on body mechanics.
- Identify contraindications for patient. Follow precautions for WB, Cardiac, Contact, spinal precautions, and precautions with total joint replacements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of inpatient lab values, diagnostic tests, medications, FIM scale /PAI scoring and the impact on patient.
- Maintain skills required to use and care for equipment such as: Pulse Oximeter, Blood Pressure Cuff / Pulse, Exercise Equipment, sliding boards, crutches, canes, walkers, Wheelchairs (including CADILLAC), Patient Beds (Versacare, Total Care, SizeWise) (IP only), Tilt Table, Floor Lift, Lite Gait, and Standing Frame.
- Counsel patient and family regarding treatments and modalities and home programs.
- Actively participate in interdisciplinary team processes, including collaboration with physicians, vendors, other disciplines; inclusive of discharge planning
- Guide the practice of support staff to achieve patient and departmental goals.
- Serve as a preceptor/mentor for students and staff, as appropriate.
- Participate in performance improvement teams/activities and quality improvement measures within the department and hospital.
- Act as a resource to promote physical therapy within Carondelet.
- Serve as a “champion” or lead for a specific project or service area.
Bonus based on eligibility
Qualifications & Education Required:
- Graduation from an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Preferred Doctorate in Physical Therapy
- Valid, current license (AZ State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners)
- 3 years experience as a licensed Physical Therapist working in the field of Physical Therapy
- Prior patient exposure in area of practice
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Clinical skills that reflect variable exp.
Preferred: Pediatric and neonatal competence
- Advanced knowledge of Physical Therapy theory
- Basic computer skills
Preferred: Microsoft Office programs
Other job Requirements:
- Must be able to work flexible hours, holidays and/or weekends.
-Must be able to transport self to various work sites.
- When using own vehicle must have valid Arizona drivers’ license and proof of insurance that meets the minimum standard for the state of Arizona
Preferred: Bilingual English / Spanish
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary - $82,000 to $127,000
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
2+ to 5 years experience
Seniority Level - Entry
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Certification
Willingness to Travel - Never
WorkStaff USA Staffing Agency, LLC
P.O Box 177
Farmingville, NY 11738