Senior Program Manager- EE|
Compensation: $105K - $120K / Year
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Job Type: Full Time
Email this job to a friend
This position will manage complex capital projects directly related to the manufacturing of PET preforms and rigid containers. Review new products from a manufacturing perspective; manage multiple projects at multiple sites from conception to qualification with overall responsibility for productivity, timing and budget. Support productivity and cost reduction projects within manufacturing locations.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Create bills of materials for new capital projects and provide support for the capital appropriation process.
Ensure that corporate safety and environmental requirements are incorporated into the project scope and budget.
Upon approval, refine feasibility studies, with input from Regional Directors, Plant Managers and Plant resources, into a mutually acceptable action implementation plan, which meets cost and timing criteria.
Review plant infrastructure, layout and equipment against project requirements. Develop and manage plans for upgrades and expansion requirements.
Analyze and evaluate the performance and cost of new, proposed or existing equipment. Includes evaluation of machinery, tooling, work flow, and vendors.
Communicate and resolve technical, timing and budgetary issues related to projects as they arise. Publish weekly project status reports outlining projects status and issues.
Create and maintain division level technical specifications, standards and documentation for Operations Engineering department.
Communicate with plants on a regular basis to understand long term project performance and support resolution of plant issues.
Review and comment on plant CEAV requests to ensure accuracy and compliance to standards.
- Bachelorís degree or equivalent in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Minimum of seven years professional engineering experience in the plastics packaging industry, including seven years of project management experience.
- Knowledge of plant layouts and infrastructure equipment.
- Proven experience managing multiple resources and complex projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate technical information and to complete project assignments.
- Strong management, communication and people skills required to influence and manage multiple resources, most of which do not report to the senior program manager.
- Experience managing direct reports
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in evaluating on-site manufacturing opportunities and managing on-site projects from concept to completion.
- Experience with SPC.
- Managerial Courage
- Drive for Results
- Building Effective Teams
- Process Management
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Customer Focus
- Other Critical Competencies
- Directing Others
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Priority Setting
- Developing Direct Reports
- Managing & Measuring Work
- ARPNA Plant coworkers
- Operations leadership
- External customers
- Physical Requirements
- Normal vision
- Near vision
- Distant vision
- Hand/Finger Dexterity
- Lifting (amount 50 pounds)
- Carrying (amount 50 pounds)
- Driving forklift automobile/truck/van
- Confined area
- Office environment
- Frequent Domestic Travel Required
Is Relocation Available?
Is there additional variable compensation?
15% target bonus
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Describe how this position fits in your organization.
This position will report to the Director of Operations Engineering for the Beverage division. This person will take direction from the Ops Eng Mgrs.
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
-Able to travel to our plants for project oversight.
- Travel will vary, based on project status, from 50-100% at times.
- Travel only in the US currently.
- Previous experience working on capital projects in a manufacturing environment
- Takes ownership of projects; hands on
What are the nice-to-have skills?
-Ability to relocate to the Manchester, MI location
- Organized -Collaborative
What is exciting about this opportunity?
Working with many individuals inside and outside the company on exciting projects in our Beverage plants.
WorkStaff USA Staffing Agency, LLC
P.O Box 177
Farmingville, NY 11738
TimeStamp:Thu, 09 Jul 2020 06:04:31 -0500