Regional EBM-Process Engineer/Technical Specialist|
Location: US-Remote Location (Midwest Region)
Compensation: $90K - $100K / Year
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Job Type: Full Time
Email this job to a friend
The Regional EBM (Extrusion Blow Mold) Process Engineer/Technical Specialist will have the following expertise attributes:
- Plastics molding machine experience.
- Must be familiar with Bekums equipment.
- Work remote from home as you will be on the road the majority of the time traveling to our various plants (mostly in the Midwest) to troubleshoot the machines.
-Note: Home location should be based near an airport within any 50 US STATES, preferably Midwest Region of the US.
Full Job Overview:
- Responsible for providing all process related technical leadership within a manufacturing facility to ensure products meet all requirements of reliability, quality and performance integrity in accordance with company, industry and customer specifications. - Engineer will interface with other parts of the organization which include, QA, customer relations, new product development, process control and monitoring.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to understand, influence, drive and negotiate with internal and external customers
- Provide technical support to operations and to the sales and marketing groups as needed.
- Communicate with Key Customers on a regular basis to ensure that all Injection issues are dealt with in a manner that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Manage activities effectively with an emphasis on Quality, productivity and timing
- Manage and report project feasibility (Scope, budget, timeline, resources, etc.)
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and all deliverables are met
- Act as a technical liaison between engineering and the customer to determine the system requirements of all company product lines
- Perform and establish the tool and equipment qualification approval at the vendor location
- Provide unattended extrusion blow mold and system start up as required in the operations
- Transfer of all pertinent extrusion qualification information to support system start up
- Establish and maintain data resource information relative to packaging, machinery, and processes.
- Ability to work on higher visibility projects with limited direction
- Selects tools and methodologies for projects
- Exhibits the ability to learn as well as teach / coach others
Optimize using company developed proprietary tools and methodologies for maximum performance
- Considers whether new procedures must be developed. Identifies, defines, and analyzes alternative courses of action.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred and /or other relevant experience or certifications in Engineering or related field (Plastics focus a plus)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an extrusion blow molding process development role and/or extrusion blow molding field troubleshooting role.
- Extrusion blow molding machine functionality and troubleshooting
Hands on ability to operate (primarily) Bekum HDPE machine platforms
- Process fundamentals and optimization
- System interfaces and interactions for maximum performance
- Must possess strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work within a fast paced system with multiple tasks and locations
- Travel 75%-90%
Additional Job Information To Note:
Is Relocation Available?
Is there additional variable compensation?
10% bonus potential
Are you open to sponsorship?
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Describe how this position fits in your organization.
This person reports into the Director of Operations for Rigid Packaging's Specialty Containers business unit, comprised of 4 segments: packaging for food, healthcare, spirits & wine and home and personal care. This person will be the subject matter expert on our extrusion blow mold machines in our manufacturing plants.
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
-Ability to travel approximately 80% of the time (home on weekends), mostly in the Midwest
-Knowledge of extrusion blow mold machines and able to troubleshoot
knowledge/experience -collaboration skills
What are the nice-to-have skills?
-Degree or technical certification
What is exciting about this opportunity?
Will travel to our various plants as the subject matter expert on our machines and collaborate with plant coworkers to make sure our machines are running at peak efficiency with minimal downtime.
For this position the client has a set of qualifying pre-screen questions, Please answer the following questions when you submit your resume:
Candidate Pre-Screen Questions
1) Please describe your experience as it relates to the requirements of this role (to include Education and years of experience).
2) Are you a citizen or authorized to work in the country this job is based in?
3) Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for visa employment status? If yes, what is your work status, please elaborate.
4) Please provide your salary expectations for a new role.
5) Do you have a non-compete from your last employer? If yes, please explain.
WorkStaff USA Staffing Agency, LLC
P.O Box 177
Farmingville, NY 11738