RN, Manager, Clinical Compliance and Education|
Location: US-CA-El Segundo
Compensation: $120K - $130K / Year
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Job Type: Full Time
Email this job to a friend
Responsible for overseeing and managing the process that provides training and education to HCP Care Management staff and collaborates with Care Management Leadership in the development and provision of regulatory compliance based care management training programs. The collaborative effort includes but is not limited to participation in the development of case management and utilization management core curriculum and strategies for ongoing competency review and documentation to ensure that all nursing staff meet the needs of HCP.
Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate HealthCare Partners’ (HCP) commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
Develops policy to insure regulatory compliance and clinical operations, educational programs for all staff positions within the Care Management Department including development of curriculums and training modules, program goals and objectives, competency levels, schedules and testing program
Assures that program development processes and materials comply with accreditation standards for continuing education
Develops systems and methods for evaluation of educational programs. Develops monthly, quarterly, and annual trainings
Collaborates with the Care Management Department managers and staff to ensure high quality education resources
Administers testing program consistent with required schedules and in conjunction with the managers and supervisors of each area. Documents competency levels and training completion for each employee in the employee’s personnel file and communicates with the employee’s supervisor regarding training status and outcomes
Participates in the documentation effort of department workflow processes to ensure clarity and appropriate training with respect to specific tasks and job requirements
Manages the Clinical Services Training team
Works closely and interacts with Director and Management teams
Makes recommendations for clinical staff orientation requirements.
Identifies all skills and procedures that require certification in collaboration with Care Management Department Leadership.
Identifies necessary resources and project manages the development and plans for “Train-the-Trainer” and mentoring programs for Care Management staff.
Analyzes the relationship between cost, benefit and return on investment for educational programs.
Participates in educational programs to enhance care management (utilization management and case management) compliance knowledge.
Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
Performs additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree of Nursing from a four-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college
Experience | Minimum qualifications:
- Developing training programs that include conceptual applications as well as ‘hands-on’ approaches for both theoretical and tangible situations
- RN with current CA license
- 3 or more years of case management, utilization management, disease management, discharge planning, compliance and clinical education
- 3 or more years of Management experience
- Managed Care work experience
- Experience training or educating clinical and non-clinical staff in a variety of venues and settings
- Demonstrates experience training single individual or large groups
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience managing continuing education programs
- BSN license
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to create and support a team environment.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking and follow-up skills.
- Ability to transfer knowledge to customers with diverse cultural backgrounds, educational experience and learning styles.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
Additional Job Information To Note:
Is Relocation Available?
Is there additional variable compensation?
Bonus of 9K
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Yes ( will be fully disclosed at interview )
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
WorkStaff USA Staffing Agency, LLC
P.O Box 177
Farmingville, NY 11738