Sales Account Representative|
Compensation: $60K - $82K / Year
Minimum Education: High School
Job Type: Full Time
Email this job to a friend
In this role, the Sales Account Rep will provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the local communities.
Full Job Description:
Agricultural Supply Chain – North America (CASC NA) connects agricultural producers to food, feed and industrial customers through a seamless supply chain. We help our customers compete in the global market and efficiently deliver products from origins to destinations through our marketing, sourcing, originating, storing, trading, consulting and processing of grain, oil-seeds and crop inputs products and solutions. CASC NA business reaches across Canada, United States & Mexico with an expansive asset footprint including over 200 grain elevators, export/import facilities, oil-seed crush plants, bio diesel facilities, and farm service centers.
Reporting to the Sales Leader, the Sales Representative (Account Representatives) is accountable for generating top line revenue by creating value for customers. The Sales Representative understands the products and services provides to help customers make good decisions for their farm.
The Sales Representative is a member of the location team and has the primary responsibility of managing business relationships with farm customers. The Sales Representative is expected to understand the customers’ preferred method of conducting business and to understand their business needs.
In order to meet the customer business needs, the Sales Representative will sell grain and crop input solutions. Providing solutions to customers will help them succeed while growing the top line revenues of the business.
The Account Representative will handle the full portfolio of products while primarily conducting business “at the kitchen table”. In collaboration with the Crop Input Representative(s) and the Grain Representative(s), this position will create value for customers by providing proactive information and knowledge to help customers make good decisions for their farms.
By helping customers market their grain and manage their risk, the Account Representative will originate grain; sell GMAs, Pro-pricing, and work with the Grain Marketing Advisor to sell and (re)sign customers to Grain Marketing Services.
By helping customers grow better crops, the Account Representative will sell fertilizer, seed and crop protection products and work with the Agronomic Advisor to sell and (re)sign customers to Agronomy Services.
The Account Representative will primarily do business at the customer’s place of business; secondary will be over the phone. The position will primarily deal with farmers who value having a main point of contact for their farming and business needs. These strategic customers will typically be larger sized farmers who prefer to do business at their place of business.
70% Deliver Sales and Financial Results-
To achieve top line revenue targets by creating value for customers, the Sales Representative will connect with farmer customers in a defined geographic territory to build productive, long-term business relationships, develop comprehensive knowledge of customers’ business and manage the account to the benefit of the customer and . This includes: learning about their business, analyzing their needs, and influencing their business decisions in order to provide successful solutions in the primary area of grain, crop inputs, and solutions while working collaboratively with the sales team in the areas of grain, crop inputs, and solutions. The Sales Representative achieves grain origination and crop input sales (gross margin and revenue) goals through planned sales calls that present solutions and value propositions to customers. Each Sales Representative will be held accountable to achieve their respective sales budget targets.
The Sales Representative partners with Grain Marketing Advisors and Agronomists in identifying and selling consulting services to the customers within their sales territories. The Sales Representative is accountable for managing the credit allocated to their customers. Accounts receivable are managed according to established policies with no credit limit violations.
20% Execute Customer Focus Fundamentals-
The Sales Representative will execute on the customer focus fundamentals and best practices in the Green Book. Sales Representative will:
1) optimize strategic sales planning and time allocation through customer segmentation (e.g. Opportunity Grid)
2) ensure financial targets plans (supported by an agenda and pre-call plan for each farm call) to ensure adequate customer connections with the required margin potential to achieve financial targets
3) participate in weekly customer focus meetings to share their weekly call plan and the game plan on how location teams will create and deliver value for customers, and 4) to ensure all customer information is captured in Salesforce.com, Customer Relationship Management tool.
On a regular basis, the Sales Representative will engage the location team in the customer planning process to proactively identify customer opportunities, establish specific customer tactics and to understand and capture customer acre and business intentions (e.g. Farmographics).
5% Develop Job Knowledge-
The Sales Representative is proactive in using every opportunity to increase their knowledge of the agriculture industry, their skills in agronomy, grain marketing, and their understanding of the products and services offers, in order to continuously improve the value they can bring to our customers. The Sales Representative will attend sales, marketing, and community relations activities such as grower meetings, supplier meetings, community events, and field tours.
5% Be a team member and perform operational tasks-
The Sale Representative is a team player who works collaboratively with the sales and consulting team; connects with the location teams to best serve customers, and the Sales Representative will assist with operational tasks from time to time to ensure that facility provides superior customer service.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Persistence and highly developed selling skills.
• Ability to identify opportunities and prospects, build customer relationships and close sales.
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage time and set priorities.
• Basic math, written communications and computer skills.
• Strong planning skills, including the ability to segment markets, and target and analyze customer potential.
• Previous related sales experience.
• Related post-secondary education in Business or Agriculture or equivalent work experience.
• Possess a Canadian Driver’s License
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Understands the Canadian agricultural system including grain marketing, grain transportation, and crop production practices.
• Knowledge of grain and crop input products
• Knowledge of grain marketing practices and agronomic practices.
• Knowledge of grain and crop input operations.
• Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) software.
• Eligibility for CCA certification if market conditions require designation.
• CCA certification is strongly encouraged
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary - C$60,000 to C$82,000
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
1+ to 2 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - High School Diploma or Equivalent
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Our IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Must have knowledge about the Ag industry in Canada in both Crop input and Grain sales.
- Must have experience in Sales.
WorkStaff USA Staffing Agency, LLC
P.O Box 177
Farmingville, NY 11738