Regional EBM (Extrusion Blow Mold) Process Engineer|
Location: US-Remote Location (Midwest Region)
Compensation: $90K - $110K / Year
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Job Type: Full Time
Email this job to a friend
Responsible for providing all process related technical leadership within a manufacturing facility to ensure products meet all requirements of reliability, quality and performance integrity in accordance with company, industry and customer specifications. Engineer will interface with other parts of the organization which include, QA, customer relations, new product development, process control and monitoring.
Note: Location can be home based near an airport, preferably Midwest
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to understand, influence, drive and negotiate with internal and external customers
- Provide technical support to operations and to the sales and marketing groups as needed.
- Communicate with Key Customers on a regular basis to ensure that all Injection issues are dealt with in a manner that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Manage activities effectively with an emphasis on Quality, productivity and timing
- Manage and report project feasibility (Scope, budget, timeline, resources, etc.)
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and all deliverables are met
- Act as a technical liaison between engineering and the customer to determine the system requirements of all Amcor product lines
- Perform and establish the tool and equipment qualification approval at the vendor location
- Provide unattended extrusion blow mold and system start up as required in the operations
- Transfer of all pertinent extrusion qualification information to support system start up
- Establish and maintain data resource information relative to packaging, machinery, and processes.
- Ability to work on higher visibility projects with limited direction
- Selects tools and methodologies for projects
- Exhibits the ability to learn as well as teach / coach others
- Optimize using Amcor developed proprietary tools and methodologies for maximum performance
- Considers whether new procedures must be developed. Identifies, defines, and analyzes alternative courses of action.
Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred and /or other relevant experience or certifications in Engineering or related field (Plastics focus a plus)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an extrusion blow molding process development role and/or extrusion blow molding field troubleshooting role.
- Extrusion blow molding machine functionality and troubleshooting
- Hands on ability to operate (primarily) Bekum HDPE machine platforms
- Process fundamentals and optimization
- System interfaces and interactions for maximum performance
- Must possess strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work within a fast paced system with multiple tasks and locations
- Travel 75%-90%
WorkStaff USA Staffing Agency, LLC
P.O Box 177
Farmingville, NY 11738