Account Executive - Public Relations (Remote)|
Compensation: $65K - $67K / Year
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Job Type: Full Time
Email this job to a friend
The Account Executive will have responsibility for developing, prospecting and executing public relations programs for our financial and non-financial. This role will also be responsible for earned media relations and running day-to-day activities on key accounts. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, challenging but rewarding environment as well as having the skills and background to become part of a successful sales team please reach out. The Account Executive will establish an excellent working relationship with clients and continuously strive to improve the business relationship and overall level of service.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
Sales Functions - Responsible for continual prospecting activities for new sales leads for assigned business services following the sales process from beginning to end while supporting corporate and departmental goals and values
• Qualify new business prospects by determining if the prospect matches company services and qualifications, outlining opportunities and benefits of pursuing relationships.
• Understand the value of PR to your client's businesses and how to achieve valuable results for them
• Demonstrate expertise in your client's business and industry and know your client's competitors
• Pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to top-tier media with a wide range of targets including business/financial and industry trade press to secure placement for clients
• Understand and begin to demonstrate how to build a compelling story narrative for clients
• Support sales activities such as RFPs and the development of their responses, proposal development and delivery of proposal presentations and materials for existing and new clients
Demonstrate the ability to write, edit and proofread to create high quality internal and external, channel-appropriate communications content.
• Monitor press coverage daily and report results to the wider team and clients, as well as researching and maintaining editorial calendars and media lists.
• Understand the role of C-suite executives, possessing the ability to develop key messages
• Client Relations - Establish an excellent working relationship with clients, continuously striving to improve the business relationship and overall level of service
• Ensure the unique needs of the client are understood and identify improvements needed to enhance business relationships, increase revenue, and exceed the client's expectations
• Perform quality review of services provided; review trends and customer complaints to evaluate efficiency of workflow and current methods and procedures.
• Provide input and perimeters to ensure customer surveys are effective and useful as required
Qualifications & Education:
•Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, marketing or a related field required.
•Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements.
•Minimum 3 years increasingly responsible experience in national, regional or state sales to include extensive cold calling required, preferably in the telecommunications industry
•Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
Additional Information to note:
Is relocation available?
Is there additional variable compensation?
Yes, access to our variable target incentive uncapped commission package
There is a possibility for sponsorship.
Is this a new position, or a back fill?
There is equity in this position.
Work hours are flexible.
This position has direct reports.
Describe how this position fits in your organization.
This Account executive will report to a Director of Sales on our new logo mid-market team. This position will be office based in our San Francisco, El Segundo, Chicago, NYC or Woburn, MA office.
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements of this position?
- Minimum of three years of sales experience with at least one of those selling PR and/or IR technology.
- Public Relations and/or Investor Relations technology sales REQUIRED. Experience selling to companies with annual revenue of 5M and below.
You must have energy, passion and a desire to be in new logo sales.
- Respectable tenure is also required. Please do not send candidates who have poor tenure. We really do not want any candidates apply who have jumped from company to company every two years, you know who you are. A short time at a most recent company will more than likely be acceptable due to COVID layoffs. Thank you!
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Experience selling one of more digital media products and/or services.
What is exciting about this opportunity?
We are committed to developing and investing our technologies because ultimately we are focusing on advancing the way companies communicate with employees, customers, investors and with the public.
The main customers we serve are marketing, investor relations, internal communications and PR.
We are seen as the leading tech enabler, we provide both tools and services to help deliver and power mission critical communications.
Our customers include a large component of the fortune 500 customer base and within that we are either #1 or #2 in the world at our core competencies of what we do.
We are the biggest player in the space. We have competitors that compete with us in one
or two areas but don’t have an equivalent competitor that does all of the things we do. That is what is unique about what we bring to the market.
We are looking for dedicated, committed and tenacious sales hunters that enjoy the thrill of the hunt, are willing to pursue and do whatever it takes to get in front of prospects, in front of new organizations that don’t know our story, that don’t necessarily know our products but we know they have the business problems that we sell for.
If you are the kind of person that can identify those organizations, that can do your own outreach, build your own leads, navigate and develop the pipeline then, you are what we are looking for. Apply today and set your perimeters on high~
WorkStaff USA Staffing Agency, LLC
P.O Box 177
Farmingville, NY 11738